“AAM-1 is designed to support the market uptake of additive routes to manufacturing, new materials synthesis as well as novel functional coatings. It covers applications in aerospace, electronics, automotive, healthcare and beyond. Our approach is to link diverse stakeholders worldwide, find common interests and ‘do more with less’ “
AAM-1 is facilitated by Adam Strevens – our industry expert with many years additive manufacturing experience in Ink-jet, Display and Intellectual Property.
AAM-1 is industry led but also has academic links. It is designed for:
- Systems Technology Developers and Manufacturers
- Lead Applications Users/Specifiers
- Supporting organisations (metrology, materials, supply chain, software and regulation)
- Research Labs / Government Agencies
Technology AAM-1 will initially cover:
- Material Jetting
- Binder Jetting
- Material Extrusion
- Powder Bed Fusion
- Sheet Lamination
- Directed Energy Deposition (This list will be amended in the light of member wishes)
Deliverables are decided by consensus of member wishes. Outcomes which AAM-1 members have expressed interest in include:
- Catalysing shared projects and bids
- Democratizing AM processes – end to end
- Identifying and promoting best practises including (with a long term view!) standards
- Understanding opportunities and challenges arising from ‘big picture’ shifts such as: supply chain, net-zero and emerging product classes
- Scanning horizons for the latest research, new techniques and applications
- ‘Shark-tank’ like presentations from relevant startups to corporate venturers
- Growing the market and promoting member products and services to it
- Assessing IP trends and hot disputes
- Supporting recruitment and development of key skills
- Networking in a trusting environment
How will AAM-1: operate?
- 4 one-day meetings per year (half in Europe, half in USA) usually preceded by a get-to-know you dinner in a memorable location.
- Meetings will be hybrid with a physical core meeting hosted by one of the Founder Members and select content being streamed to other members and an invited audience worldwide using the Hopin platform to support discussion between physical & virtual delegates.
- Small site visits to relevant research/applications organisations
- As the consortium grows and if members wish, the consortium can build up additional shared resources such as industry directories, jobs boards/CVs and contact lists.AAM-1 is funded by annual subscription from its members and only acts in the consensus of their interests. Membership does not require an IP agreement (where confidential discussion is required small groups can ‘step out of the room’ and sign NDAs). AAM-1 meetings take place under Chatham House Rule and its work is only put into the public domain if the members agree
I'm Interested!! What do I do now?
Contact Adam Strevens on firstname.lastname@example.org for a discussion about your needs/interests and how these might be addressed in AAM-1